Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday 21 September 2013

The road home

The water road, that is. I've been on board since Tuesday but very poor signal in this area. The same was true last time I passed this way five years ago. Had some rain Tuesday and Thursday but good cruising for most of the time. Also found good moorings each evening (although I got the last space last night). A beautiful kingfisher stayed in view for a while yesterday. Flying along ahead of me and then waiting while I caught up. It was in an area with lots of moored boats which I thought was unusual. I haven't met any characters yet this week but I was a bit fed up last night. I saw that the local pub was advertising free wifi so off I went to update the blog. Firstly, they were out of draught cider and they didn't have decaf coffee. I settled for a bottled cider. I ordered veggie sausage and mash and that was what I got. Was it wrong of me to expect that it might come with a vegetable of some description? To top it all I couldn't get a connection to their wifi. Very frustrating. I've booked my Safety Examination for mid October so I have a new target to meet. Bye for now. I'll be back when I next get a signal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi Sheila, just been reading your blog, what fab journey you are having. Rick says where are the pictures?. hope the next pub comes up to expectations. ps perhaps they thought the veg in the sausage was veg enough. ugh, these meat eaters!!!happy cruising Carole nb lazy bee

Sheila said...

I am unable to download the photos which are on my camera via the (not so) smartphone. I'll add some later when I'm back on the laptop. I'm thoroughly enjoying my "gap" year.