Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday 21 September 2013

Much better signal today

What a beautiful day we had today. I hope it lasts. I cruised down to Autherley junction onto the Staffs and Worcs canal.

There are a couple of very narrow cuttings and I had to sit tight in a passing place so an oncoming boat could get through. Shortly after that Olivia's engine cut out and I had to bow haul her to a wider part of the canal to moor up. I quickly assessed that the most likely cause was a fouled prop so I dived down the weedhatch to find that I'd picked up some rope. It was so tightly wound that it took an hour to cut it free. Thank goodness for the knife I bought for this eventuality for £2.99 from Wilkos. The rest of my day went well, the only other excitement being when I met a working boat in a bridge 'ole, calling for a quick reverse manoeuvre.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good 'ole wilko's.